Thursday 31 October 2013

The Men Who Made Us Fat

First of all I would like to apologise for lack of blog entry last week. Unfortunately it is the time of every student’s favourite period of the semester, examinations, and therefore my head is predominately wedged between a mountain of papers most hours of the day. However during my studies, I have gathered many more ideas for interesting blog articles in the coming weeks. 

Until then, for the next two weeks, I will provide two health related documentaries which I have watched and found particular fascinating. I hope to write a review on both of the documentaries in a later date, but until then I hope you enjoy both features. 

The first is a BBC documentary by Jacques Peretti, journalist and presenter for the BBC and The Guardian newspaper. The 3 part documentary titled ‘The Men Who Made Us Fat’ explores the influences and reasons to why the global diet has changed in the last 40 years. By focusing on America and the American influence on the British population, it makes for a intriguing insight from politics to processed foods to plate sizes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment